Online, one of the most significant keys to success is getting website traffic. The more visitors you have, the better your sales and profits. Presumably you have a niche and you know your keywords, and regularly conduct keyword research to stay on top of what’s popular. Based on those assumptions here are five quick and easy tips to get website traffic fast!
There are a number of tag types including,
Title tags. Title tags are quite possibly the most important place to situate your keywords. Here’s what they look like –
<title>Primary keyword phrase here. </title>
Your title tag is where you place your primary keyword or keyword phrase. The sentence will describe your business in less than 90 characters.
Header Tags. Header tags are next in order of importance to search engines.
They’re ranked in order of importance and look like this –
<h1>Primary and/or Secondary keywords here</h1>
The “1” designates this header as the most important header on the page.
Meta Tags. Meta tags provide the small descriptive text found underneath the title tag on the search engine results page.
Like title tags these should be kept brief, informative and up to date.
Alt Tags. Alt tags are used to provide a text description of a graphic. Each graphic on your site should have a description and an alt tag
There are different types of links.
- A direct link looks like a basic website address, for example, www.yourwebsite.com
- A text link occurs when the webpage address is embedded in the text. Readers simply click on the link and are redirected to a new website page.
- If the link is to an internal web page, for example an article published on a website, rather than the home page, it is called a “deep link.”
You can encourage linking to your website by:
- Adding content to your site.
- Submitting to article directories.
- Publishing press releases.
- Blogging and participating in social networking forums, chat rooms and social networking sites.