So you’ve taken the leap and created your very own website, but now what do you do? Even in this age of technology, the internet can be a large, scary place for many people, but don’t be intimidated. Even though there are many other sites competing for the attention of every internet user, it’s not that difficult to get noticed – if you’re willing to put yourself out there.
Get interviewed – These days, there’s a podcast for just about any subject, and with millions of people choosing to listen, it’s easy to see why landing an interview on a popular podcast can really drive traffic to your site.
To find opportunities, first look to the podcasts you already listen to. Who among your favorites would be a good fit? Choose a few candidates, then send a polite email explaining why you’d be a good guest, what you’ll share with their audience, and why it will benefit the podcaster.
Can’t find a good show? Maybe it’s time to start your own!
Social Media – In order to get your website in front of the people who can benefit from it, you will need to join a social media community such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. These sites will generate awareness to your site and send traffic directly to you. There are differing opinions as to which social media platform is better but it comes down to who your audience is and where they hang out the most. Think of social media as another way for you to be able to communicate with your customers and promote everything you have to offer.
Guest Posting – Linking strategies are important when it comes to your website rank on the search engines. Guest posts on other sites within your niche are an excellent way to receive traffic and links back to your site in order to get it noticed. Once you have established a relationship with others in your target niche, it will be easier for you to submit articles and guest posts for them to use on their site.
Join a forum – These days there is a forum or community for just about anything you can think of. Find a forum that your target market would be likely to frequent and start up a conversation. The key is not to be a spammer, listing your website URL and then flitting off to the next forum. Actually get into the discussion, find out what the people are looking for and see if the information, services, and products you offer can help.
Live Events – This may seem like a strange idea, but you have to understand that even in the online world, the relationships you create will make or break your business. Not only will you be able to promote your business at live events, but you will also meet and learn from some of the experts in your niche. Some of the most successful businesses out there owe it all to the JV partnerships created during these events. On another note, meeting new people, hearing about their successes and failures, and establishing relationships are some of the most beneficial things you can do for your self-growth and the growth of your business.
The key thing to remember when marketing your website is not to be afraid to try new things and put yourself out there. There are so many methods and techniques you can use to build a foundation for your business. Be yourself, and be genuine to your target market and those you want to help. Although you may not be an overnight success, the time and effort you put into taking your business to the top will make it that much sweeter when you do succeed.
The Beauty of Organic Traffic
When you decide to start a website, you not only have to think about how you want to design it, but also how are you going to market it. Marketing is the key in all business, online or offline, and will be a foundation to your success. Taking the necessary steps to get your website noticed on the search engines is not a complex process, but it does take some time and effort.
The very first thing you can do is to start a blog. Blogging is an excellent way to start bringing traffic into your website. Let people know why you started a site, and what you intend to do with it. How are you going to help people and be any different than the next guy? Blog posts that contain keyword-rich content will help your site rank higher in the search engines, although it may take some time for this to happen. Get your voice out there and be consistent.
- Write with your audience in mind – What is it that your target market wants to read about? How are you able to solve their problems with your site or product?
- Engage your reader by asking them questions – The simple way to know what your readers want is to ask them. Make them want to leave comments and suggestions regarding your content. Once your audience feels like they can engage with you, trust begins to form and a solid relationship can be created.
- Clear, concise headlines – Make sure your readers know what your content is all about. Having a headline that centers on an issue the reader wants to know about will draw them in and make them want to know more from you.
- Call to action – Once you’ve wrote your epic content, make sure there is a call to action following the blog post. You can offer them something in return for signing up on your email list. This can be a free report, e-book, or set of articles that help them solve a problem.
- Social networking –Social media is such a big part of online marketing in today’s world. If you want your website to get noticed you must become a part of a social community. You will be able to expand your readership, and gain a larger following. The reach that social media has is vast. This is not something you want to pass up when trying to build your business.
- SEO – Optimize your website with keyword rich content. This can allow your ranking to be higher within the search engines. SEO is not something that can be learned overnight. It will take some time, effort, and patience on your part but it can be a helpful technique in getting your website noticed.
No matter what way you choose to market your site, just make sure put your audience at the forefront of everything you do. They have chosen you as a valuable source of information by even coming to your site and reading your content. Your audience definitely plays a factor in how you should market yourself and your site. Be transparent and unique in your delivery and you will be sure to build lifelong relationships with people that like and trust you.