The US Post Office offers a little known program called EDDM which stands for Every Door Direct Mail. You don’t have to purchase a mailing list or stick labels and stamps on postcards. You can navigate to their website and in very few steps prepare your mailing:
- use their EDDM tool to query households in the area you want to “farm”
- prepare your postcards using the EDDM indicia
- order the quantity needed for your mailing
- bundle your postcards as per the directions
- take your bundles and paperwork to the Post Office
- pay and mail your postcards
In real estate, as in any business, the success of your farming efforts depends on the consistency of your program. It is recommended that you send out a mailing to the same audience monthly. Here is a quick video to walk you through how to use the EDDM tool on the Post Office website and some tips in preparing your mailing.
The creative ways you can use this are endless. Things to consider:
- Make it colorful and attention grabbing
- Include a call to action – coupon/offer/etc.
- Include your contact information
- Consistency is critical to the success of your program
- You can check out the EDDM printers we included in our Real Estate resources.
If you need help, let us know. We can help you create a calendar of mailings to fit your business model and branding.