Your WordPress real estate website can be home to lots of real estate marketing mistakes, and when you’re eager to get started, it’s easy to fall victim to these and other marketing mishaps.
- Not having a target market – This is perhaps the biggest mistake a new real estate business owner can make. You absolutely must know who your market is before you can successfully build your real estate business. If you go into it thinking that you can serve everyone, you will be sadly mistaken, as many owners of failed businesses can tell you. Narrowing down your real estate niche and finding out who can really benefit from your specialized and focused services will make it much easier to create content to meet your customer’s needs, advertising that speaks to your audience, and other tools to attract visitors to your site.
- Following the “Next Big Thing – There are always going to be new websites/agencies that promise success, higher real estate returns, and a quicker real estate success. Your bank account will suffer if you fall for this, and it won’t do your WordPress website any good either. Everything sounds great, but if you allow yourself to get distracted with a new site or hot new product, your traffic will suffer. If you focus on what you do best, it will help you stand out from your competition.
- Customer overkill – Marketing to your audience is one thing. When you are sending out 10 emails a day each with a different call to action it will most likely turn them off and send them searching for the unsubscribe button. Interacting with your customers is important, but make sure you’re doing more than just making offers.
- Poor website design – Your website is your storefront. If it looks bad when customers arrive, they will most likely write you off as someone they don’t want to do business with. You will be projecting an image that you don’t want. Remember, your website design is the first thing people see when they arrive. If you aren’t skilled in design yourself, it would be well worth the money to have someone do it for you, or simply choose one of the hundreds of professionally designed templates available. But this section will take an entire blog post or two to explain why you may not be the best person to produce your own website.
- Relying on a single type of marketing – You need to keep an open mind when marketing your business. You may have found one technique – such as blogging – that you like and plan to use over and over again. However, it’s not a good idea to focus all your time and energy on one area. Things change, and what once worked well may stop performing, so it’s a good idea to always be testing out new marketing plans.
Are you making any of these mistakes? What are your plans to improve the marketing strategy on your WordPress real estate website?