While there are many options available for your real estate website platform, a content management system (CMS) allows you to easily update your content. WordPress for Real Estate Professionals, enables you to quickly launch a website for your real estate business and plugins help you expand the functionality of your website.
A CMS like WordPress enables you to own and control your website, content and links.
The decision is up to every individual, but when you see the statistics, it is evident that WordPress is the platform of choice for most websites on the internet. Current WordPress statistics show that over 72 million websites use WordPress, and 93% of the websites in the United States use WordPress while only 4% and 2% use Drupal and Joomla, respectively.
But there’s more to it than the number of people that use WordPress:
- WordPress is Open Source enabling developers to contribute to it and expand its functionality
- There is a large WordPress community through WordPress Meetups, WordCamps, User Groups and more
- WordPress can be easy to learn, and there are several online tutorials via YouTube and other sources.
- WordPress websites can expand their functionality with premium and custom themes, as well as plugins to offer such as:
- MLS feeds with IDX plugins
- Google Maps
- Social Media integration
- Email campaign integration
- Custom forms
- CRM integration
- Lead capture
- WordPress is SEO friendly
- It’s easy to add content to your Real Estate website whether it is posts, pages, listings, testimonials, or media – including photos, pdfs, video or more
The other important aspect of your website is that it should be responsive. If you currently have a website, you should consider having it updated. If you are in the process of building your website, this should be a top priority. And using a plugin to make your site mobile is more of a band-aid than a solution, and as WordPress is updated there is always the possibility that the plugin could “break” your site.
So there you have it … and if you are interested in a WordPress website for your Real Estate business, contact us or complete the form here. We’d be happy to work with you.